I went climbing today at the climbing gym and I was bouldering (which means climbing but on routes that aren't so tall, so I don't need a partner or a rope or a harness). Anyway, I was watching someone do a route, basically lusting after their skill, since they were doing a route that I can't even do, but they were doing it without legs. No legs. Basically doing pull-ups up the wall. It was beautiful.
Anyway, I was drooling, when all of a sudden I was on the ground. Laying there. With someone next to me, sort of on me, in a pile, really.
Turns out, this guy had started climbing near me, and ended up right behind me but sort of above me and I hadn't noticed. He didn't say anything, and evidently he was about to when he suddenly fell off. The wall. Onto my head.
I've never had someone fall from above onto me. It was really painless, surprisingly, but I felt a bit like the biggest lame-o of all time.
So anyway, that was my day. Someone fell on me. Then I biked home, in the rain. Ah, life.
3 comments:
i cannot believe that someone literally fell on top of you. that has got to be one of the strangest things i've ever heard.
i'm glad it was painless. you're not lame! the guy falling onto you ... he's the lame one!
ps. zipcar seems to be super-popular here. we were going to do it until we decided to run our car into the ground. i'd recommend it for sure! i can't wait to hear about the vespa adventures!!!
Never have a camera when you need one...
oh bets. i am SO sorry. how embarrassing!!! ps i love that you boulder and climb and drool over climbers that do it without legs. it makes you even cooler than you already were.
Post a Comment