Tuesday, June 7, 2011


Moving is here!

My brother and I are locked in a lease until August 16, but things have fallen into place and miracle of all miracles, they’re ready to let us out of our lease on the 16th of June if we’re able! I am beyond overwhelmed about getting out of here so soon, because after the 10th I am working summer staff at camp, which means being at camp close to 24/7 overseeing a group of 14-15 yr olds. But I am grateful that God answered prayer so quickly and resoundingly in this situation. He will be faithful, this is what I say quietly to myself as I walk, and sit, and think, and pray…I need his help and I believe he will give it to me.

So bring on the boxes!

5 comments:

Deborah Gugala said...

Oh, my. Been there, done that, got the scars. There simply is NO way to make this any easier, cheaper or less stressful, and it is a sure thing that you will have a melt-down or two along the way. Praying for you to keep the end-game in sight.

betsy said...

love you mom. for me, the end-game right now is just getting to july 21. I can get on the road, and then it's fairly straightforward. drive, drive, drive. nothing to think of except the road, and the place i'll lay my head each night. can't wait for it! and can't wait to finally take a much-needed rest in kansas.

Deborah Gugala said...

I will tell the dogs to be on their best behavior. I may even take a day or two off and teach you to knit. HA!

liz said...

hallelujah! that is so amazing. this post gave me goosebumps - i think it finally hit me that you are really moving.

i'm so glad you are keeping this blog.

Pilar said...

Yay! I'm so glad that it's all worked out, Bets! So what are you doing with the things you're putting in to the boxes? Are you shipping stuff to GA? And I can't wait to see how you pack up the scoot.