Redding, CA - the site of my weekend road trip. There's nothing much there, but two co-workers/friends and I drove the 5 1/2 hours to spend Saturday night and go to Bethel Church, home of Jesus Culture.
All of us had heard great things about Bethel itself, we have a friend that goes to the school of ministry there now, and of course the Jesus Culture worship is just, well, I don't actually know the word to describe it. Spirit-filled, whole-body, joyful, drawn out, etc etc etc.
So we went and it really was great. I can't tell you how full I felt, to be among such joyful believers. Everyone was dancing, hands in the air, responding to the preacher during the sermon, responding to God during prayer, and declaring their love for God all around me, in all sorts of ways. It really was a deeply joyful place, and I was so glad to share a Sunday with that community. And the worship, well it was the same - drawn out, unhurried, lots of time to sing and pray and dance and no rush whatsoever to sing three songs and get the heck on with it. I felt like I had time to be intimate with God.
Lots of driving, but a great experience and so worth it.
3 comments:
I think your dad would have loved it as well.
so cool.
i have always wanted to go. tiffany and brian attended their annual conference and loved it.
can't wait to hear more about it.
Post a Comment