Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Interstate

I am pretty sure at least six people, at various points in the day, when asked how to get to Knoxville without the interstate, said...

"Weeeellll, you cain't git to Knoxville without the interstate.". Shaking their head at me, the poor, dumb Yankee.

I swear I wanted to throw a tantrum by the end of the day and yell, I GOT ALL THE WAY HERE FROM CALIFORNIA WITHOUT THE INTERSTATE! I THINK I CAN GET TO KNOXVILLE!!!!

Yesterday I was low on patience and stressed because I didn't know where I was going to sleep. I had been banking on something that never came through.

But really, friends. You can get places without the interstate. Take it from me.

4 comments:

Dru_ said...

Not only can. Arguably SHOULD. That area of TN has some gorgeous sights and, coming south of Knoxville, it only gets better.

Living in Atlanta and having ridden or driven around much of the area, you are headed into I can only recommend this: take your time, enjoy the roads, and if you have the time slip down across US-129, the legendary 'tail of the dragon'.

Unknown said...

life's all about the blue roads anyway.

Rumpsvillian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rumpsvillian said...

Consider it a secret and now you are on the inside. Welcome to Tennessee and I hope you enjoyed the gang at the turnup truck. hehe