Sunday, July 31, 2011

Shout OUTS!

Shout Out to my Amarillo host family last night - thanks for all the fruit you sent me with this morning! To Vanessa, whose parents' house I'm staying in: you have been amazing helping me figure all this out. And to the two guys I met in the parking lot somewhere in Oklahoma. They asked me if I wanted a beer (I said HECK no), and they asked me where I was going. I said Georgia, and the driver said, Ohhh, with all them hillbillies. (Mind you, the driver was chubby, shirt-less, and had some pretty interesting front teeth). He said, I'm one of them hillbillies. Look-ee here (and he sticks his arm out the window)...and on his arm is tatooed, Country Boy. I told him I thought it was a great tattoo, but I now really wish I would have remembered to take a photo of it. Anyway, they were hilarious and probably the highlight of the lonnng, hot, neck-hurting afternoon.

No shout-outs to Time Zone Changes, because I was unprepared for the one in NM (so I was an hour late to meet the family I was staying with), and I was also unprepared for the one last night. It was brutal waking up so early this morning, and I still got out later than I meant to. And no shout-out to the girl in Amarillo who gave me an attitude when I asked her to turn the air on (and wouldn't), so I had to pay 75 cents for some air. Boo.

No comments: