By the way, thanks to Ben for the amazing card and the much-used caribiners.
Thank you Alice for helping me with that box! Let me know if I can help with he shipping costs.
Thank you to Hannah for being my GPS the first day. Every time I looked at the directions I felt like I could hear you saying them! It made me smile lots. And thank you for my new REI mug!!
Thanks to those of you who prayed with me before I left. I really needed it - I was scared and sad and sick and needed your support.
Thank you Ed for calling to check up on me! I'll never get tired of those calls.
Thanks Claire and Sam for hanging out the night before I left, and thank you Claire for the charger. You saved my bum.
And a big shout out to the goat whose milk I drank this morning, to the crazy hippie who gave me some Mt Shasta water in Big Sur, to the three super concerned old motorcycle grandpas who gave me tips at the bakery while telling me all about their trip out from Baltimore (and who proved that you aren't ever too old for adventures!), and for the dang near 100 motorcyclists I passed today who waved at me. You guys make me feel like a part of a great community, even if I do look a little sillier than you.
No thanks to the guy who asked me where I was going, and when I said Georgia, responded with, 'well that's optimistic'. You do NOT get a shout out.
Better get back on the road - Santa Maria awaits!
Love, the Vespa Vixen (or so says Ben)
Sent from my iPod
3 comments:
you ARE a vespa vixen! i'm praying for you & thinking of you every day. so good to see the updates. it looks like you're off to a good start :) love you lots and lots!
xo
Im praying for you!!! Love you so much!!
omg, so excited to see all your posts!!!!! you have no idea!
the people you are meeting will be a lifetime of memories...they will be the touch stones for your trip...love you Betsey girl...be safe and get your electrolites and sleep girl!! :)
Post a Comment