Huntington, WV to Roanoke, VA.
Some thoughts about my time in WV. (get ready for a rant...) On ONE LANE ROADS where there are constant curves with a posted sign of 35 MPH and NO SHOULDER, where I was going the posted speed limit plus a bit, I had people on my butt the entire day. It was so stressful having all those gigantic pickups breathing down my neck. Gah. I do not give any shout outs to any of them. Negative shout outs, in fact.
On a less hostile note, I am a rockstar because of these antlers. No one even notices my Vespa, but instead say things like "those your antlers out there? What kind are they? You like huntin'?" Hilarious.
Now saying that, I've had more people stare at me than I've ever had. Not sneaky glances; I totally get that and do it myself. No, blatant staring, no disguising. I shouldn't get annoyed but I definitely did today. Even when I stared back at a middle aged woman in a group of people ( who should know better) she didn't stop with the eye so I've started waving. They'll wave back but don't skip a beat with the continued staring. I wish they'd just talk to me- I'd love that. Sigh.
I'll be with my dear and lovely friend Beth very soon!
2 comments:
I must be mentally lazy - I didn't get that you were designing the number 17 = good job! I hear that about people on your butt - I've always been tempted to slam on the brakes, and let them hit me. Then they would get the ticket and their insurance rates would sky-rocket. However, I would NOT recommend that whilst driving a Vespa.
h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s. about the antlers. i literally laughed out loud. i wish you had a picture of such questioners.
Post a Comment