And then the temperature soared to 113 on my Vespa thermometer. We were both feeling a bit like the desert had returned. I hardly took any photos because I tried to get to Okla. City before I died. I had a monster headache most of the time, and though it was so much more beautiful than Texas (sorry, but true), it was so hot I wanted it to end too.
And it was wiiiiin-dy. There were more than a few times when the wind hit me so hard from the side that it pushed me way over in the lane. It was super tiring fighting the wind and sun the whole time.
Right before I rode my last 100 mile stretch I accidentally poured gasoline in my helmet. I couldn't even believe it. I ran the whole helmet under water for at least ten minutes and used hand soap but I was still smelling gasoline the whole time. Argh.
3 comments:
oh bets! i'm so sorry about the gasoline in helmet part of your day. ugh! i can't even imagine a gasoline soaked helmet in the heat!
That's nasty!
Be careful betsey girl high temps and wind can mean body problems in and out..liz got sun poisoning from riding on l MIch in the boat once on a windy, hot day..headache,sore legs,throwing up can all be signs of dehydration...water up girl and don't UNDERESTIMATE how much body water the wind can take out of you.
The gas thing may have happened from being light headed...not thinking right right(some dehydration)??
Love you Betsy girl...be safe!!
Post a Comment