Derek, I love you. Thanks for not sicking your guard dog on me. Don't spend that five buckaroos all in one place!
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Fiasco Turned Delight!
Meet Derek. I drove 20 miles one way in the complete wrong direction, thanks to Google maps. Before I turned around ( I drove those 20 miles then got SO lost in some canyon) I saw his house. I noticed it because it was this crazy junkyard with a trailer in the middle, rusted-out car shells just everywhere. On the roof of the shed at the side of the house were like 30 different Deer/Elk antlers jumbled up and thrown up there. I zoomed past and since my brain works so slow I was 5 miles down the road before I thought I should have gone there and asked to have some antlers. I had been looking for them all day and thought it would be HILARIOUS to have antlers on the back of my Vespa. But I thought, no way am I turning around. Well, joke was on me and about 25 miles later I had to come ALL the way back. When I passed the house I thought, no way is nothing going to come out of this whole mess. I pulled in the driveway and the Vesperton wiggled it's way down the dirt roadl toward the house. Where, lo and behold, Derek comes sauntering out like he was expecting me. I pitch him the question (he was maybe 14 but I totally felt like I was asking him out on a date I was so nervous). I say, 5 bucks? He grabs the ladder, goes up there and yells 'which one'? We settle on the perfect antlers and we exchange cash for antlers and I even get a photo of him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment