Monday, July 25, 2011

Phoenix

So The ride was lovely With 20 miles to go. Then I rolled into Hades.

Ok, maybe not Hades but after all that peace and beauty, Phoenix sprawl with three lanes doing stop and go for 20 miles was not nice. And then the temps rose and the sun came out and it was 109. It was nothing compared to the desert hot, but I was for sure wilting. And with all those cars surrounding me I felt small and very paranoid.

But now I'm finishing up my time in Starbucks (thank you Coverts!) and I'm off to meet Mandy who I'll spend today and tomorrow with. The next day hopefully with my uncle, then I'll pick back up the next morning with Day Six of driving. I'll update with a few photos these next days but there won't probably be any adventure Vespa riding ones :)

So glad to be here! Thanks for your prayers.

Shout out to the guy who as he passed me took a photo of me. Weird, but funny. To the woman who let me hold and play with her uber-cuddly Chihuahua in the parking lot. I needed some lovin' in my day. To the Feists who gave me coffee and breakfast and the most comfy bed EVER, and graciously offered to UHaul my Vespa and I across AZ today if the weather was bad. Finally, to Beth who gave me the Bethel live cd and when I was sitting and baking in traffic I got to spend some time praising God instead.

2 comments:

Deborah Gugala said...

I like the Feists. UHaul and all.

CJE said...

Phoenix has the most disfunctional freeway!! So glad you get a bit of rest with family and friends!!