So after that my eyes were glued to the side of the road hoping to find some sweet antlers. Alas, no other Elks had died near the road.
Friday, July 29, 2011
I started thinking about all the Elk Crossing signs. I thought, why can't I find some cool elk antlers on the side of the road? Immediately after I thought that, I saw a bunch of bones on the side of the road and did a u-turn and since there was no shoulder I parked right on the edge and leaped into the bushes where I saw the bones. There were some huge ones and some tiny ones and I had visions of the Vesperton getting crushed by a car so I quick grabbed something sort of cool and leaped back on and kept going. About seven miles down the road I thought, 'Betsy. You didn't pick the huge femur bone which would have been hilarious to carry around. You didn't pick a tiny one that you could hang somewhere. You managed to pick the weirdest and least useful bone'. And I did. Plus who actually rummages through animal bones on the side of the road FOR FUN? I don't know why I'm still single, honestly I don't...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
your antler bone story is like seeing a beutiful sunset on lake mich and forgeting the camera then taking the camera with you the next 5 times with no real great sunset to snap...oh well...should have, would have, could have's are exhausting!
Post a Comment