Friday, July 29, 2011

I am pretty tired so I'm going to save my favorite story for tomorrow!

Shout out to the great folks of Grants, NM. I spent half my day crisscrossing it because Route 66 is my nemesis. I stopped and asked the post office for directions - she called husband Bob over in town at the souvenir shop to have a detailed map ready for me. I go over there and he helps me map out my whole route AND gives me a sweet deal on my purchase. So many people waved and gave me thumbs up; a mechanic gave me directions; a police officer gave me directions; the couple stopped when I waved them down and answered my questions...it was seriously an entire town's effort that finally got me on my way. Ridiculous. Final shout-out reserved for the Cisar family who welcomed me into their home, fed me pizza, let me take a marvelous bath and do some laundry, and hang out with Bob the Cat and Nick the Dog. You guys are amazing.

1 comment:

CJE said...

thank you thank you to the Cisar family from all of us blog readers who love the Betsey girl!!